Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's Time To Deck Your Walls! ~ Meet The Boardwalk Artist Series ~ Featured Artist ~ Wendy Russell of Artrussell

Many thanks to Wendy for such a great bio! Next week another Boardwalk artist will be featured - so don't forget to stop by!

"I'm a native New Englander, having been born and raised in southern Connecticut. My family lived within walking distance of Long Island Sound and I spent the summers of my youth at the beach swimming, playing in the sand, boating and chasing after ice cream vendors. Bliss. Ocean themes have naturally become important additions to my portfolio of paintings.



Art has always been an essential part of my life. After graduating from college with a degree in Interior Design, I was determined to give city life a try. I moved to Boston and after working in the city for a while, I realized that although I'd always love to visit cities, living there was not for me. I tried the Massachusetts suburbs and worked on a visual merchandising team for a major department store chain. The work was varied and creative, but also very physical. I carried more sofas and ladders than I care to remember. In the meantime, I had taught myself to spin and weave and eventually, left my job to pursue my art and craftwork.

The country life began to beckon and I moved to Vermont in the early 1980's. Three children, lots of gardens, and piles of artwork later I still awaken each morning wondering what subject might catch my eye and become the focus for my next painting. My husband and I consider ourselves very fortunate to have found a home on a gem of a lake in this beautiful state.


My motto: There's an artist in each of us. Trust in yourself to let go and create what you need to create."



Take a stroll down The Boardwalk next week for another featured Boardwalk artist... until then...

0 comments: